Find out more about Raiz
High-tech forest management,
research & development
research & development
- Navigator continuously manages its forests with the goal of producing the best premium office paper through a sustainable process, striving to improve natural resource measures such as soil fertility and water quality, protecting environmental biodiversity.
- The high quality of Navigator paper is a result of the exceptional characteristics of the Portuguese Eucalyptus globulus fibres.
- Our Eucalyptus globulus Improvement Programme seeks to develop new agricultural techniques while studying more effective biological pest and disease control measures. As a result, our nursery is supplied with carefully selected trees that increase the productivity of our forests as pulp and paper production.
- The secret to Navigator’s unique performance lies in always using the same raw material: Eucalyptus globulus.
- This operating decision means Navigator can ensure the maximum level of quality and consistency for its paper, each and every time.
- Many paper mills source fibres from different pulp mills around the world. Others may be fully integrated but choose to combine different species of fibres to make a single product. As a result, paper quality and consistency are compromised.
- Our paper mills are fully integrated and use only one type of fibre as their source. This allows us to preserve optimum fibre characteristics and produce paper that is always consistent.
Did you know?
Eucalyptus provides 34% more pulp for the same amount of wood.
- Navigator’s innovative & sustainable production.
- The most advanced technology is used for the production of our uncoated wood-free paper. It relies on state-of-the-art paper machines, where size and speed are maximised as a result of electronic monitoring throughout the manufacturing process.
- A modern paper machine is over four times the size of an aeroplane, with a much more complex automatic control and monitoring system, to ensure production output is optimised and paper characteristics are perfected.
- From forest to paper with consumer in mind: a vertically integrated company where Navigator’s production process is controlled from its beginning: the forest.